I have decided recently, today, that amphitheaters suck ass.
You see, The Fray kinda released the dates for their summer tour yesterday and I'm pissed.
I am so extremely thrilled that they have the fan base now that can fill 20,000 seats but why?
Why? Why? Why?
This isn't the kind of band that "just plays" to a crowd.
They try to connect with the crowd and I honestly do not see how you can do that to over 20,000 people in one setting!
You see, these are the seating capacity for the dates I have to choose from:
June 29- Cincinnati, OH (Riverbend Music Center): 20,500
July 2- Indianapolis, IN (Verizon Wireless Music Center): 24,000
And here was the seating capacity for January 10, 2009 in Detroit, Michigan.
A.K.A, the show I went to with Kylie.
January 10- Detroit, MI (St.Andrews Hall): 1,000
I am just so thankful that the first time I saw The Fray was in a bar, 900 people capacity, 2nd row, and I met two of them. Isaac Slade and Joesph King to be exact.
It was just so amazing to feel like Isaac was singing to me, ya know?
And when I go to a show this summer, OF COURSE I'm still going, I just don't think it will be the same.
You see, The Fray kinda released the dates for their summer tour yesterday and I'm pissed.
I am so extremely thrilled that they have the fan base now that can fill 20,000 seats but why?
Why? Why? Why?
This isn't the kind of band that "just plays" to a crowd.
They try to connect with the crowd and I honestly do not see how you can do that to over 20,000 people in one setting!
You see, these are the seating capacity for the dates I have to choose from:
June 29- Cincinnati, OH (Riverbend Music Center): 20,500
July 2- Indianapolis, IN (Verizon Wireless Music Center): 24,000
And here was the seating capacity for January 10, 2009 in Detroit, Michigan.
A.K.A, the show I went to with Kylie.
January 10- Detroit, MI (St.Andrews Hall): 1,000
I am just so thankful that the first time I saw The Fray was in a bar, 900 people capacity, 2nd row, and I met two of them. Isaac Slade and Joesph King to be exact.
It was just so amazing to feel like Isaac was singing to me, ya know?
And when I go to a show this summer, OF COURSE I'm still going, I just don't think it will be the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment